Administration and collection of Village income tax.
The current tax rate is 1.5%
NEW TAX CHANGES
- There will be a late filing fee of $25.00 assessed each month up to $150.00 for returns not filed by April 15 even if no tax due
- Net Operating Loss Information
DISCLAIMER: READ ENTIRE INCOME TAX RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR PENALTY/ INTEREST INFORMATION.
- Net Profit Returns & Payment due: April 15 or 4 months from fiscal year end
- Employer’s Annual Reconciliation & W2 Copies due: February 28
- 1099 Copies due: February 28
- Monthly withholding payments must be RECEIVED before the 15th day of the following month
- Quarterly withholding payments must be POSTMARKED before the 15th day of the following month
Request must be filed by April 15 or 4 months from fiscal year and must include a copy of the federal extension request. No extension of time is granted for payment of taxes due. Per the Ohio Revised Code, Chapter 718, the village can deny an extension if request is not filed timely, if federal extension copy is not included, if payment of tax has not been made and/or taxpayer is delinquent with other tax filings or prior year tax payments.
Tax Department Form Downloads
Taylor Bennett, Income Tax Clerk
24 East Main Street
South Zanesville, OH 43701
740-454-0492 ext. 105
Business Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (closed holidays)